Quick Notes
Donate To Y.E.S.

YES is hiring for a Case Manager.
To read more and apply, click here.

Learn more about how to keep your kids safe on the internet.

YES has a new program director, Martina Coordes!
For the press release, please click here.

Y.E.S. has recently enrolled in the Amazon smile program. The Amazon Smile program will send .05% of all eligible purchases to the YES program. To sign up for Amazon Smile, click here. Thank you for your support!

YES will give a $1000 scholarship to a teen affiliated with our program for their college education.

Shop at Fred Meyer and Earn Points for YES!
Send your reward points from shopping to the YES program by going to the community rewards website and enter the code 81163. This will help YES get deals on purchases.

We now have our 501(c)3 and all donations are 100% tax deductible.

Sometimes it’s just not possible to sort through tough times alone. Problems can build up, and you may lose sleep, find you can’t concentrate at school and feel hopeless. Talking to someone you can trust can help you understand the situation and your own emotions better. There are many resources if you are thinking of leaving a difficult home situation.

When we grow up in a difficult home environment it is easy to think adults are of no help. This is not accurate or helpful thinking. There are many adults who are dedicated to helping you get the services and help you need to be able to focus on school or learning a trade. But, you have to be open to trust them.

When you need to talk to someone, your school counselor (sometimes called a guidance counselor) can be a great place to start. Counseling is just a process of talking to someone who is not involved in the problem you face and who has education in how to listen with kindness and without judgment. This person has your  best interest in mind and can support you as you figure out your options and decide on a course of action. Counselors value confidentiality. In Washington State, teens age 13 and older can request counseling services without the consent of their parent. A parent cannot request to see the records of counseling without the written consent of that teen.

You can also call Y.E.S. at 509-671-7293. The people at Y.E.S. will talk with you about your worries and will help you get the support you need to deal with your difficulties. People at Y.E.S. will offer counseling free for those who would like help in sorting out options and putting experiences in perspective so you can feel good about yourself and your choices.

Here is an article written by a current honor student at WSU who grew up homeless.
None of My Teachers Knew I Was Homeless. They Should Have.

Pend Orielle County Mental Health Services and Counseling Services
Counseling Services provides mental health services to individuals who are residents of Pend Oreille County and the North Central Washington Regional Support catchment area. This includes residents of Adams, Ferry, Grant, Lincoln, Okanogan, and Stevens counties. They take medical coupons for payment of their services. Their office is located at 105 S. Garden Avenue, Newport, WA.
Services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.  No appointment is necessary for walk in crisis services. For crisis services during office hours, please call (509) 447-5651 or 1(800)404-5151. For emergency services after hours, call 1(866)847-8540 and a crisis counselor will be available to discuss your needs. For immediate assistance with life threatenting and/or medically dangerous situations – call 911. Please note that the crisis line is not intended for use as a line to leave messages. You may leave a message by calling our office at 509-447-5651.To obtain additional information or to schedule an appointment, please call 509-447-5651 or our toll free number at  1(800)404-5151. TDD/TTY call 509-447-0480. For emergency services after hours, call 1(866)847-8540 and a crisis counselor will be available to discuss your needs. For immediate assistance with life threatening and/or medically dangerous situations – call 911Pend Oreille Counseling Services
Regular office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. The main office is located at 105 S. Garden Avenue, Newport Washington. Outreach offices are located in the Cutter Theater in Metaline Falls and various Selkirk school district areas, dependent on available resources.
To contact the main office call 509-447-5651 or  1(800) 404-5151     [TDD 509-447-0480]. For crisis services after-hours, call our crisis line 1(866)847-8540.

You can call 1-800-RUNAWAY. The National Runaway Switchboard has access to more than 13,000 resources throughout the country, such as support groups, counseling and drug treatment centers, and youth shelters. They also have a wealth of information regarding legal issues and medical concerns. Call them and they’ll get you the help you need.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a 24-hour, toll-free, confidential suicide prevention hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. By dialing 1-800-273-TALK, the call is routed to the nearest crisis center in their national network of more than 150 crisis centers. The Lifeline’s national network of local crisis centers, provide crisis counseling and mental health referrals day and night.

The Trevor Project (LGBT) The Trevor Project is a national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning youth and teens.
866-4-U-TREVOR (866-488-7386)

The Kids Health website has lots of information about situations teens face—divorce, stepparents, pregnancy, body image, relationships, friends, etc. –helping you to understand the situations as well as your emotions about them.

If you’re getting bullied, talk to your parents, the school counselor, a teacher, or another adult you trust. People will help you. This website will help you learn about what to do about bullying:

Family Crisis Network
(509) 447-5483

Rural Resources Community Action This is a resource and support program located at 956 South Main, Colville, WA.
(509) 684-8421

National Alliance for the Mentally Ill   NAMI is dedicated to improving the lives of individual and families affected by mental illness. NAMI’s support and public education efforts are focused on educating America about mental illness, offering resources to those in need, and insisting that mental illness become a high national priority. Mental illness is a serious medical illness that affects one in four families. No one is to blame. Treatment works, but only half of people living with mental illness receive treatment. NAMI has engaged in a variety of activities to create awareness about mental illness and promote the promise of recovery.
Teens, this page is for you:  http://www.nami.org/template.cfm?section=Child_and_Teen_Support

National Coalition Against Domestic Violence  It is the mission of NCADV to work for major societal changes necessary to eliminate both personal and societal violence against all women and children.

National Domestic Violence Hotline
Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services.
1-800-799-SAFE (1-800-799-7233)
Statewide 24 Hour Hotline
1 (800) 562-6025

Washington State Coalition Against Domestic Violence
WSCADV is primarily a resource for programs that assist domestic violence victims and their families.

Pend Oreille Counseling Services
http://www.pendoreilleco.org/county/cs.asp   This is a duplicate, remove.
To contact the main office call 509-447-5651 or 1(800) 404-5151 [TDD 509-447-0480]. For crisis services after-hours, call our crisis line (Protocal) @ 1(866)847-8540.
Crisis services requiring immediate medical services and/or possible danger to public – call 911 or Pend Oreille County Sheriff’s Dispatch @ (509)447-3151