If you or a friend need a place to stay or are struggling with personal issues or need help with food, education or healthcare, contact us.
Our phone numbers:
Office / Fax:
509-447-1125 / 509-447-1126
We are located at:
Pend Oreille County
Youth Emergency Services (Y.E.S.)
316 West 2nd St.
Newport, WA 99156
Please check out the resources on this website. You may feel a little scared to speak with strangers or to ask for help. That’s okay. Call anyway. You’ll meet people you can rely on who want to help you.
On this website, you’ll find many agencies and groups that offer help. You can also call 211 and a person will give you information about health and human services in your area.
Y.E.S. on Facebook
Washington Handbook for Homeless Youth
Calling 211 is a one-stop service that can give you information about:
- Resources for Basic Human Needs: food banks, clothing, shelters, rent assistance.
- Resources for Physical and Mental Health: medical and dental information, crisis intervention, support groups, counseling, drug and alcohol intervention, health insurance programs (also for children), Medicaid, maternal health.
- Employment Support: education programs, job training, transportation assistance, unemployment benefits, financial assistance.
- Support for Children, Youth and Families: mentoring, tutoring, protective services, family resource centers, after school programs, recreation programs, childcare.
- In addition to calling 211, check out: Project Safe Places in Spokane and Coeur d’Alene.
Help Teens to Feel Safe and to Remain in School
Youth Emergency Services believes that every child has the right to be loved and respected and to live in an environment free from violence, drugs, and abuse. We support youth in making choices that will help them have safe living conditions where they can grow and thrive.
- We respect the dignity and safeguard the wellbeing of everyone who contacts YES for help and assistance
- We reach out to at-risk, runaway & homeless youth and their families
- We provide crisis intervention for youth & families
- We provides short and long term counseling for youth and families
- We connect youth with supportive and loving homes.
- We assist youth so they can remain in school, receive vocational training, and get a job.
Support Y.E.S. so these teens will have a good future.