Position Title: Case Worker
Location: South Pend Oreille County
Reports To: YES Program Director
FLSA Status: Full Time / Exempt
I. Department and Position Overview:
Receives crisis calls from; youth, law enforcement, courts, schools, families, interested community professionals and other referral sources on behalf of the youth (12-18). Provide comprehensive assessment(s), alleviate and mediate problems/issues between the youth and family. Provide shelter placement, or other stable living situations. Reunification services with family or guardianship placement. Coordinate with community services, or out of area services to enhance stability of the youth. Knowledgeable of WAC’s and RCW’s that are specific to services to youth and families. Administers “Casey Life Skills Assessment Tool” for each youth enrolled in services.
II. Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
- Receives calls and referrals from/pertaining to a youth in need of services. Conducts interview and assessment of youth needs and current situation(s). Arrange appropriate shelter.
- Provide crisis intervention to assist the youth/family to a timely resolve/reunification through the best practices that formulate goals to a successful conclusion.
- Sensitivity to the needs and feelings of the youth and families.
- Mediate difficult situations between the youth and family when appropriate.
- Provide crisis intervention and problem solving to assist the youth with short and long term goals & resolutions.
- Advocate/support for youth within: court(s), legal system, school, medical assistance, services and reunifications.
- Transportation of the youth to approved/appropriate services and or shelter placement.
- Maintain/submit comprehensive documentation/reports of all referrals and case activities.
- Coach youth to develop independent living skills ranging from simple self care items such as laundry, personal hygiene
- Observed confidentiality in accordance to the Agency Protocol.
- Participate in training to provide improved services, standards/interactions with youth, families and community standards
- Identify, recruit and train mentors from the county and match to highest priority youth
III. Position Requirements:
Education or Equivalent: A.A. or A.A.S. degree in Social Work, Human Services, or other related field with 2 or more years’ experience providing direct services to youth and families, or B.A. with direct Services background. Associates will be considered depending on experience. Knowledge of Runaway Homeless Youth regulations/laws, Family Count and community resources. Knowledge of services and providers in Pend Oreille County and out laying areas. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Sensitivity to the needs and feelings of the at risk youth and their families. Able to communicate with families, youth and professionals in a caring and non-judgmental manner. This position requires the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, while remaining a contributing team member.
Required Certification and Licenses:
• Valid driving license in state of residence.
• Current auto insurance.
• Reliable and dependable transportation.
• First Aid/ CPR Card
• Criminal Background Check
• US Citizenship or other legal permit to work within the United States.
Send Letter of Interest & current resume to Yesteensmatter2us@gmail.com.