Position Title: Program Director
Reports To: YES Board of Directors
FLSA Status: Full Time/ Exempt
I. Department and Position Overview:
This position will be part time with growth into full time as funding becomes available.
This position is responsible for the organization of YES. Provides leadership and supervision of all YES staff. Directs the organization’s budget, strategic vision and policies. Reports directly to the YES Board of Directors. The Program Director is responsible for implementation of the Board of Director’s strategic vision and policies. Insures that the YES organization is operated in a cost effective manner while pursuing the goals of the organization. The Program Director is responsible for staff recruitment, training and supervision. Provides high quality leadership and communication for YES. Represents the YES organization when interacting with the public, with local and state government and law enforcement.
II. Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
- Administer grants to ensure that all program elements are performed and all reporting responsibilities are met.
- Maintain all official records of the Youth Emergency Services.
- Serve as a contact person Youth Emergency Services
- Act as the official representative for Youth Emergency Services for the purposes of obligating the organization in accordance with Pend Oreille Youth Emergency Services By-Laws.
- Review and present financial reports to the Board of Directors
- Hire, train and supervise a motivated, professional staff
- Prepare the annual Youth Emergency Services budget and keep the Board of Directors apprised of budget performance throughout the year.
- Solicit and work with volunteers that support Youth Emergency Services.
- Develop and direct fundraising activities that support Youth Emergency Services.
- Directs the strategic vision of the YES organization, insuring that policies and procedures reflect the goals of the organization.
- Build and maintain a long term strategic plan for the organization.
- Oversee grant solicitation, ensuring Youth Emergency Services is properly represented and that the organization is aware of all grant requirements.
- Review and approve payroll and schedule all Youth Emergency Services staff in accordance with Pend Oreille Youth Emergency Services By-Laws.
- Communicate directly with the Youth Emergency Services Board of Directors as needed in order for the Board to fully comply with Pend Oreille Youth Emergency Services By-Laws.
- Oversee the functions of Youth Emergency Services fiscal agent. Is responsible for the fiscal health of the YES organization.
- Ensure proper filing of Youth Emergency Services taxes and corporate reports.
- Foster relationships with community leaders, government agencies, identified stakeholders and the YES board.
- Other duties as assigned.
III. Position Requirements:
Education or Equivalent: Degree in business or finance or other relevant industry plus experience with non-profit agencies. Experience dealing with homeless, runaway and at-risk populations a plus. Life experience or other alternative experience will be considered. Experience with annual budgets, expense tracking and grant writing a plus. Demonstrated experience in leadership methodologies, theories and practices. Ability to work with applicable government agencies, community leaders, identified stakeholders and the YES Board. Proven ability to lead and implement new methods and practices, identify business functions and build and track organizational goals. Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Send Letter of Interest & current resume to Yesteensmatter2us@gmail.com.